Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Leo, the Occasionally Good Dog

This is the first installment of what will likely be many about my dog Leo. Although he's been gone four years, his memory lives on and on and on.

In case you're curious about the title of this post, I should explain that I didn't want to start right off calling Leo a bad dog. Besides, sometimes he wasn't. Plus he really, really wanted to be good. It was just extra hard for him, due to his having 50 percent German shorthair pointer genes and all. That's why I thought up a title with "good" in it rather than "bad."


I'm writing this post because of Paula's comment that I must be very sad about the dogs' worshiping Bill when I was the one doing all the grunt work. Paula, just between you and me, it wasn't always bad. For one thing, Leo's favorite display of affection was to get a gulp of water and then come over and drool it into your lap. Once Bill came on the scene, my lap stayed a whole lot drier. Although Bill did get awfully jumpy whenever Leo was around. If you know Bill, you know that it is extraordinary for him to be jumpy. He is usually one laid back guy.


But there was at least one time when Leo was good...

You might also enjoy:



Submit this post:


I wasn't altogether heartbroken when Leo preferred Bill.

submit to reddit

1 comment:

Paula said...

Ah, so that's why you two had a sweatpant wardrobe in that little era!