Monday, August 1, 2011

More Fear of Paint

Week Two of Kathy Collins' summer session, we did city scenes. I painted this from a B&W photo of Kathy's. The street looks European, so she probably took the picture on her last trip there, earlier this summer.

I started on the left-hand buildings, nearly frozen in fear, repeating, "Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!" under my breath like a mantra, while applying lots of paint thinned by the teensy bit of water clinging to my brush. By the last stroke on that side of the painting, I was feeling a bit more confident. Turning to the other side, I used some warmer color combinations, painting more freely as I started to get the hang of it.

Street Somewhere in Europe Probably

Just as I once said to my daughter, Liz, after screaming all the way down a particularly difficult Blue ski run, and then realizing at the bottom that I was still alive, I thought "I'd like to try this again sometime."

You might also enjoy:



No comments: